Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Still the (Act) One - Run 1, Monday 23

Let's take a minute to really feel good about ourselves, shall we?

There, isn't that great? You see, we were able to run all of the first act - scenes 1 through 6 inclusive - and there's a shape. A form. Almost a function!

Seriously, this was the first time we had revisited several scenes consecutively since the stumble on March 9. In rehearsal world, that is an ice age. yet much of the positive discoverie4s and moments were left intact. Indeed, a few new moments and impulses are being discovered and explored. Bully for us!

It was a big help that we had more of our rehearsal blocks and props available. It's amazing what a difference actual cups make to a scene where actors are pretending to drink. I will keep getting those things added in as soon as possible.

This was also Sarah's first shot at seeing large sections, and getting a sense of the scope of the project. She had very few line notes, mind you - good work actor people!

My own notes were as much to myself as anyone else - sitting back in the house I am seeing more shape adjustments and tweaks. Also, I made several strident notes regarding projection and volume for the actors - but realized in scene 6 that my ears were very plugged up, and in fact my hearing was inaccurate! AHHHHH!!! I do think they did need to be louder, but it is scary to be betrayed by one's own body and senses like that.

We did notes and checked a brief section, but I was collapsing by that time, and so I called the night around 20 minutes early. I think I will boil my ears in the hopes this improves matters. Maybe develop some enchanting mentholatum body spray. At any rate, and despite lingering ills, am bouncing with delight to think of the remaining runs this week. Fun fun fun...

0 comments:

 
Designed by suckmylolly.com